email address: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- from October 2012 until present: assistant professor at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw, Department of Roman and Ancient Laws.
- March 2013 – March 2014: postdoctoral fellowship (Sciex) at the Département des sciences des antiquité of the University of Geneva, Unité de grec ancient.
- Juris doctor since 16 january 2012.
- October 2008 – January 2012: Doctoral studies at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw.
- Master of laws since June 2008.
- October 2003 – June 2008: MA programme at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw.
- October 2006 – June 2007: Erasmus Program at the Facoltà di Giurisprudenza of the Università degli Studi di Catania.
Other Professional Activities
- From 2012: co-editor of journal ‘U Schyłku Starożytności. Studia Źródłoznawcze’.
- From 2014: member of the board of The Raphael Taubenschlag Foundation, the publisher of The Journal of Juristic Papyrology.
- March 2012 – October 2015: member of The Scientific Committee on Ancient Culture of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
- September 2010 – August 2013: secretary of the 27th International Congress of Papyrology held in Warsaw in 2013.
Awards, Grants & Scholarships
- “Sonata” grant for young doctors granted by the National Centre of Science of the Republic of Poland: awarded in January 2016.
- Scholarship for young researchers granted by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Poland: awarded in October 2014.
- Sciex Fellowship at the University of Geneva for the realisation of the project ‘Romans and Non-Romans and the Law of Succession – Unity and Particularity in the Light of Gnomon of Idios Logos (PSGIL)’: March 2013 – March 2014.
- START-scholarship of the Foundation for Polish Science – twice in 2010/2011 and 2011/2012.
- Grant for doctoral project granted by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education: 2010–2012.
- Scholarship of the Foundation for Polish Science at the University of Oxford: 18 November – 16 December 2010.
- Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst scholarship at the University of Cologne (Institut für Römisches Recht): 1 July – 10 October 2010.
- Grant of Mazovian Voivodeship for doctoral students: 2009.
Major Lectures, Conferences & Workshops
- Symposion of Greek Law: Coimbra, 1–4 September 2015; paper: The legal and social situation of extramarital children in Roman Egypt before Constantine.
- Institutions in villages in Egypt from the early Roman to the Fatimid period: London, 3–4 July 2014, King’s College London; paper: Village or town: does it matter in legal terms.
- 3rd Viennese Colloquium on Ancient Law: Gnomon of the Idios Logos: Wien, 19–20 June 2014, Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften, paper: Between the fisc and the bond of blood: hereditary rights of illegitimate children in the Gnomon.
- Metageitnia, Fribourg, 17–18 January 2014, Université de Fribourg; paper: Enfants extramatrimoniaux : droit romain et pratique provincial.
- Les conférences de l’Institut de droit romain: Paris, 24 January 2014, Centre Sainte Barbe Université PanthéonAssas Paris 2; paper: La situation sociojuridique et les manières de décrire les enfants comme extraconjugaux.
- 27th International Congress of Papyrology: Warsaw, 29 June – 6 August 2013, University of Warsaw; paper: Hereditary rights of the extramarital children in Graeco-Roman Egypt.
- Family, Religion and Inheritance in the Ancient and Medieval World: Paris, 21–23 March 2013, Collège de France; paper: The NonNormative Family in the Wills from GrecoRoman Egypt.
- Winter school ‘The Greeks in Egypt. From Alexandria to the Fayum Written Evidence and Art’: Cairo – Fayum, 4–12 November 2012, Deutsche Archäologische Institut Abteilung Kairo (DAIK), paper: Testamentary practice in Hellenistic Egypt.
- Summer Institute in Papyrology: Chicago, 2– 31 July 2012, University of Chicago.
- Société internationale Fernand de Visscher pour l’Histoire des Droits de l’Antiquité (SIHDA), Liege, 19–25 September 2011, University of Liege; paper: Mancipatio and its life in late-Roman law.